My name is Jordan and I am a senior at George Washington University. I study journalism and have special interest in production and video work. However, I am also a server at a local restaurant...well, because I love food. This is a cyber-celebration of a love for dining and sometimes w(h)ining.

Sunday 18 September 2011

Eating In


When I moved into my apartment two years ago, I made a vow to myself that I would cook. I live above Trader Joe's and I have a Viking range -- I figured I would have no choice. But of course, my lazy, less-than-Susie-homemaker self finds every reason in the world not to cook. And really the only thing that gets made on a consistent basis is pasta...

But this past week, my wanting to check out the new Foggy Bottom Whole Foods forced me to actually pick some stuff up and (GASP) make dinner for me AND two friends. And kidding aside, fud wuz good.

Here is what I made: a wild rice blend (no effort, picked up a bag and threw it in water), orange-scented broccoli and cauliflower, and filet mignon with blackberries. And while the photo above does not do the meal justice, I've got to say, this is some of the best cooking I've done. Check out the recipes that I've linked here, they are simple and totally flavorful.

5 comments:

  1. Nom, nom. BTW, what's a Viking? ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I have no patience for cooking. The filet sounds awesome though so maybe I'll have to cook in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious but simple to prepare. I'll have to try it out. NOM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds so delicious... NOM agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this sounds awesome! Filet Mignon and Blackberries I need to try this one out for myself. Double nom nommmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete