My name is Jordan and I am a senior at George Washington University. I study journalism and have special interest in production and video work. However, I am also a server at a local restaurant...well, because I love food. This is a cyber-celebration of a love for dining and sometimes w(h)ining.

Sunday 18 September 2011

Wino for the Day

Sunday morning - one of my favorite times of the week. Also known as the morning I attempt to charm my boyfriend into having brunch with me at a new restaurant in the city. But this morning no deals were brokered and no brunch to be munched. Why? Because I joined in on my very first wine tasting. (My friend said that must be like 10 times as good as taking communion.)

I’ve always been into food, however there’s always been a void in the wine department. Partly because I’ve been age-challenged, but mostly because when I think about wine knowledge I think about this. Pretension alert!

But wine knowledge doesn’t have to be stuffy or stuck-up, it can be expressive and open for interpretation. And if you’re with the right people, they won’t even care if you like to drink Merlot.

My favorite wine of the day was Dolcetto D'Alba Tre Vigne 2009. This is a wine that you can drink like water, medium bodied and low on tannins. I love its mineral quality and sweet berry smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment