My name is Jordan and I am a senior at George Washington University. I study journalism and have special interest in production and video work. However, I am also a server at a local restaurant...well, because I love food. This is a cyber-celebration of a love for dining and sometimes w(h)ining.

Sunday 27 November 2011

Gobble Gobble


Well to say the least, Thanksgiving was a success. From morning to night there was something amazing to nibble on, and the day started with these bites: bacon bark and spicy roasted chickpeas.

*I realize now that the bacon bark may seem a little scary if not explained. Basically it's bacon, pecans, and walnuts baked in the over with brown sugar, paprika, and maple syrup. Which equals salty, savory, sweet, crunchy nomness.


And it wouldn't be a day of my favorite type of eating without cheese. We had a variety of brie, cheese with cranberries in it, goat cheese, and here's a big block of gouda!


And the turkey. It was magnificent. Moist on the inside and golden on the outside - it was definitely some of my mom's best work.


The best part about Thanksgiving - sitting down at the dinner table with family. We had my grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and best friends there. It was nice to be all around one table.


Lots o' pies. Because a normal pumpkin pie or apple pie isn't enough right? My mom knocked it out of the park with these and made a caramel crumble apple pie and a pumpkin pie with chiffon whip cream and chocolate shavings.

3 comments:

  1. Could you explain bacon bark please? I'm intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this looks delicious! I don't know how I feel about the bacon bark though. I'm with Sarah. I think I need to be sold on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! The caramel crumble apple pie sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete